Gladstone Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Gladstone (5473) is a suburb of Far North, Far North, South Australia. It is about 185 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Gladstone is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Gladstone was 795 and is comprised of approximately 47.2% females and 52.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Gladstone is 47 years of age.

88.1% of people living in the suburb of Gladstone were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.4% England, 1.5% New Zealand, 0.6% Netherlands, 0.6% Indonesia, 0.5% Germany.

97.0% of people living in Gladstone speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Gladstone is 26.4% No religion, 16.4% Catholic, 15.1% Anglican, 13.7% Uniting Church, 9.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.3% Lutheran, 2.4% Christian, nfd, 1.9% Baptist, 1.6% Salvation Army, 0.9% Other religious affiliation .

54.7% of people are married, 28.3% have never married and 10.0% are divorced and 3.1% are separated. There are 25 widowed people living in Gladstone.

52.5% of the people living in Gladstone over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.3% are working on a part time basis. Gladstone has an unemployment rate of 5.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Gladstone are 23.4% Managers, 14.6% Labourers, 13.3% Technicians & trades workers, 11.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.1% Community & personal service workers, 10.1% Professionals, 7.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.4% Sales workers, 2.8% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Gladstone work in are 18.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.6% Education and training, 10.8% Health care and social assistance, 8.9% Transport, postal and warehousing, 8.5% Retail trade, 8.2% Manufacturing, 5.7% Other services, 5.4% Public administration and safety, 5.4% Construction.

44.2% of homes are fully owned, and 33.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $377 per week and the median household income is $677 per week.

The median rent in Gladstone is $115 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $650 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Gladstone postcode 5473

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Minlaton 5575 -> Spencer Gulf -> South Australia